2017 has been a time of new experiences for me, mainly because I started the beginning of this year on an extremely high note. I felt in perfect harmony with traveling the world for those first 4 months. When I came home from Europe, I was wishing for an encore of my study abroad experience… but instead my life turned into a decrescendo compared to the excitement of seeing new places, eating new foods and meeting new friends.
I have come up with a list of songs that I feel really described my days of adventure and travel. Most of you relate song lyrics to events in your life, so I hope these song lyrics, that have inspired me, can inspire you, if you listen to them too.
- Dare You to Move, Switchfoot
- Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield
- Somewhere With You, the Tyler Ward version
- Drops of Jupiter, Train— This song is really important. I did find a piece of myself that I didn’t know was there while I was out in the world. So when I listen to this song, it reminds me of myself a little bit.
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
All of these songs deal with new beginnings, breaking boundaries and/or travel in some way. And of course, #5: appreciation for our world and the people in it. I feel that all these songs are great for anyone that is entering a new stage in life, or for anyone traveling but still thinking of home.
I really enjoy discovering new kinds of music, just listening to music and even talking about music. I am looking for new travel music, so I would love to hear what you are listening to and if your songs inspire you to take adventures. If so, please comment below! I love to hear from you all! (Just please don’t say Life is a Highway).
Just composing a collection of songs for a medley of adventures in Sienna Sky style. Until next time friends!