I always love a fresh start. The new year is a perfect time to make new goals and set new habits! Last year at this time I had just arrived in a different country to study abroad, so my resolution list had to do with me being adventurous, free spirited and to go with the flow. I also made it a goal to get my blog up and running, which I did! But now that a new year has come, I have more goals to strive for. I will make an effort to own 2018 and make it a great one!
- I am not going to let myself say I am going to do something, and then not do it. There have been so many times where I have started projects and not finished them. I often let life get in the way of the things I enjoy, but the plan for this year is to make a conscious effort toward sticking to it.
- My biggest, and maybe the most challenging goal that I set for myself is to keep a close eye on my budget. I have always been a person who sporadically purchases things that I don’t need, and I spend way too much money. So I have a plan for each month to spend no more than $100. Especially since I don’t have an income at the moment.
- My blog is something that has become very special to me. I am hoping to further the success of my site, and hopefully begin making vlogs for my viewers as well! 🙂
- Of course it is always smart to work on practicing good habits. Though, it is hard to keep up with a healthy lifestyle sometimes, I find that it helps to keep track of the things you’d like to accomplish in a day! I’ve been keeping a habit – tracker – type -thing since I was a freshman in college, and it helps remind me to do important tasks like take my vitamins, stretch, make my bed, and so on.
- Finding new hobbies is one thing that really excites me. Being able to get caught up in something that I like and that interests me is a great way to de-stress. So this year I have made it a goal to work on practicing guitar and reading more often. I used to really enjoy both of those activities when I was in high school, but like I have said, time can pose some difficulty. In order to remain excited about life, I will continue to pick up enjoyable hobbies!
- Finally, I am hoping to work toward a year that is a little more relaxed. I tend to get overwhelmed a lot, so I decided that in 2018 I am going to meditate and do yoga every week to practice mindfulness and to calm myself down when I start to feel too high strung. I find that meditating makes my days significantly more productive and fresh.
Now that I have a list of my goals for the upcoming year, and have told you all what my plan is, to hold me accountable, I can now strive for a fresh new year with healthy practices! I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store! Owning 2018 in Sienna Sky style!
What are your new year’s resolutions??