Good day, friends! I am in an awesome mood today because I am currently on spring break, which means I finally have some time to relax, and soon will set sail on a new adventure! Any guesses what that might be? 😉
Before break, I got a bullet journal from my mom, which is something I have been interested in tackling for a while. (For those of you who don’t know what a bullet journal is, there will be a photo example of one somewhere in this post.) One of the entries that I created since then was a “habit tracker”. Basically it is a daily reminder to do certain things that I want to turn into habits! The great thing about keeping a tracker such as this, is that it holds me accountable, and it makes me feel good when I accomplish each activity for the day!
I just wanted to share with you all the habits that I have created for myself, and maybe my ideas will help you come up with your own habit routine. 🙂
My February/ March Daily Habits:
- Be up by 7 each morning
- Be in bed by 11 each night
- Practice Guitar
- Make my Bed
- Tidy up around the house!
- Read (can be a pleasure book or for class)
- Take those vitamins (I take vitamin D and B12 to keep my energy up!)
- Blog Work
- No nap! (I waste a lot of time taking naps, and it just makes me groggy the rest of the day.)
- No netflix!
- Floss and/or whiten my teeth
- Skin Care: do a facial masque or moisturize — which I often forget to do.
- Check email
- Eat Breakfast (Most important meal of the day!)
- Hug someone 🙂
- Go for a run (might seem like a given for a college track athlete, but sometimes I need a little kick)
- Do my stretches
- Work on core
- Go meatless for the day (aka don’t eat meat)
- Do laundry. This one has turned into more of weekly thing.
- Call mom! Because I love her and need to keep her in the loop.
- Wear a cute outfit (one of my favorite habits!)
- Do a photo shoot
- Create something (Like a habit tracker in a bullet journal!!) 😀
As I fill these out, I start to see the things that need more attention, and I start to see the things that I have truly engraved into my brain to become daily activity—like hugging someone each day. It also makes me think of other habits that I can work on for next month! 🙂
I honestly love having a habit tracker. It keeps me motivated to fill each square out and reminds me of the importance of taking care of myself. With better habits, I find that I am a happier person. SO! I highly recommend this tactic for anyone who gets down in the dumps and has a hard time keeping up with the little things that really matter when it comes to self care.
Thanks so much for checking out my blog today! What is a habit that you need to work on? This is how I track my habits in Sienna Sky style!